Topping the list of travel trends in 2018 is Adventure Travel. More and more people are planning their vacations based on where they can find adventure and thrilling experiences, so it is a natural fit for two of East Tennessee’s most popular outdoor attractions to team up to create the ultimate Smoky Mountains outdoor experience.
About the Smoky Mountain Adventure Packages
CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains, the #1 rated zipline course in Tennessee, which also offers the only mountain biking course in Gatlinburg, and Smoky Mountain Outdoors, the #1 rated white water rafting company in Tennessee, have teamed up to offer Smoky Mountain adventure packages to experience the Smoky Mountains by air, land and water.
“We are often targeting the same demographic of people visiting the Smoky Mountains; the folks who want to get off the beaten path and experience the beauty of the Smokies in a thrilling way,” said Daniel Jennette, owner of Smoky Mountain Outdoors (SMO). “We’ve definitely seen a growing interest in experiential travel and both SMO and CLIMB Works fit that category.”
The packages allow participants to purchase all three activities, ziplining, mountain biking and rafting, or two of the three, at a discounted price. The activities can be spread out over the course of a few days so you don’t have to squeeze them all in in one day.
Leading into the busy summer season, the two companies have also opened a joint information and ticketing office in downtown Gatlinburg at 103 Silverbell Lane in Gatlinburg, right next to Hungry Bear Barbecue on the East Parkway. Additionally, the two attractions have hired a Group Sales Manager focused on serving groups of 10 or more.
“We are thrilled to now have a presence downtown. Visitors who are staying downtown can pop in to learn more about what we offer, ask questions and book their tickets right there,” said Nick Thompson, owner of CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains. “We have had a great relationship with SMO for years and are excited to offer a truly unique experience to guests of the Smoky Mountains.”
Additional Information About CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains
- CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains consists of 9 world-class ziplines, unique sky bridges, a fun ATV adventure to the top, and a surprise at the end. Soaring tree to tree, guests won’t touch the ground for 2 ½ hours.
- CLIMB Works offer the only mountain biking course in Gatlinburg. The trail consists of an intermediate two-mile loop that guests can ride as many times as they like. Bikes can be rented at CLIMB Works or guests can bring their own.
- CLIMB Works is located at 155 Branam Hollow Rd, about 15 minutes from Downtown Gatlinburg. For more information, visit www.climbworks.com/smokymountains or call 865-326-8116.
Additional Information About Smoky Mountain Outdoors
- Family owned and operated, Smoky Mountain Outdoors has been the whitewater industry leader on the Pigeon River for over 25 years, and has been called the largest single-river outfitter in the US.
- SMO offers the longest whitewater trip ( 6.5 miles ) on the Pigeon River, the third most popular rafting river in the United States.
- The Smoky Mountain Riverside Outpost is located about 45 minutes from Downtown Gatlinburg, and a scenic, 30-minute direct drive from CLIMB Works. Learn more at www.smokymountainrafting.com, or call 800-771-7238.
- Rafting season is from March 1 through mid-October. Adventure packages are available during this season. CLIMB Works zip-lining is year-round.
Browse the Smoky Mountain adventure packages and start planning the ultimate Smoky Mountain experience today!